What is a solar system? We were taught in elementary science that the solar system consists of the sun and the planets that orbit around it. This is, however, not the solar system under discussion here. The solar system being discussed in this write up is the process of harnessing solar energy from the sun. The solar panels or Photovoltaic system are used to convert the electromagnetic radiation from sunlight into electricity for our consumption.
Know More About Using Solar Energy
Solar energy can be used to power household appliances and even cars, all thanks to innovative research and products.
- Solar energy helps you to save money: imagine never having to pay electric bills again simply because you now generate your own electricity. This is a rare opportunity that solar energy affords you. It helps you save a few dollars monthly and reduces the financial burden placed on you.
- The solar energy system is not a new invention: The scientists working at Bells laboratory were the first to invent a photovoltaic system. This brilliant piece of the invention has been installed in millions of houses all over the world and in over a million buildings in America.
- Solar energy system panels are long-lasting and durable: solar panels are produced from tempered glass. This tempered glass is strong enough to withstand harsh and extreme weather conditions be it rain, wind or even snow. There is an added benefit of it protecting your roof too and helping to prevent leakage.
- Solar panel system installation guarantees you a good return on investment: The question at the back of your mind will be, “is solar panel installation a worthy investment?” Yes, it is a worthy investment. The time is right. The demand for solar panels is continuously increasing and the demand for it is high. Invest now when there is a lot of benefits to be accrued.
- A solar panel system does not require maintenance: Yes, you read that right. Your solar panels are extremely durable and do not need you to clean them. You do not have to worry about an extra charge of maintenance.
- Most locations in the U.S. have enough sunshine to power the solar system: theU.S is blessed with sufficient sunshine all year round to adequately charge solar panels and ensure continuous energy generation. Your current electricity cost should be compared to the cost of solar panel installation to help ease your decision.
- A solar panel system, once installed, can generate electricity for over 20 years: most solar panel the manufacturers give over 20-year power generation warranty on their product. You need not worry about the constant cost of changing the panels.
- Solar energy does not pollute the environment: Unlike some forms of energy generation, solar energy does not pollute the environment. Solar energy does not emit any gas or substances that can harm our universe as fossil fuel do.
- Solar energy is an inexhaustible form of renewable energy: day-in-day-out, all through the year, the sun rises and sets daily providing us with abundant sunshine to generate our energy from. Your solar panels will convert sunlight to electricity without noise or air pollution.
- The government is beginning to see the importance of renewable energy such as sunlight: The Australian government is offering financial incentives to the solar panel system installation companies through its Small Scale Renewable Energy Scheme. The residents of Queensland make extra money from the government by selling excess energy generated by their panel to the government.
- The solar energy system is always undergoing further research and development: Solar energy system technology is constantly advancing and improvements are being made to make them better in the future. Quantum energy and nanotechnology are concerned with improving energy generation.
- Solar energy can be put to diverse use: Solar energy can be put to diverse use. It can be converted to electricity for powering your gadgets, household appliances, and office equipment. It can be used to generate heat energy as well to power for your various needs.